Harvey Normans in Drogheda..

pmurphy

We bought a TV stand last week from Harvey Normans in Drogheda...paid for it etc,

We were told that it would be a couple of days before we could collect it. Over a week later we still have not got it as

"The builders who finished off their warehouse have changed the locks until there is some paperwork signed, as a result no one is able to collect anything". Harvey Norman dont appear too bothered!! Just got off the phone and they now reckon its possible it could be another 10 days.

This is outrageous, terrible customer service. Is there anything I can do?

If as it sounds the builders want something signed off that HN seem reluctant to do (judging by lock changes) and it's already got a bit nasty between the two of them, then it could be a while before anything changes - although you would think that HN would do anything within reason to stop interference with their business like this.

If it were me I'd phone again, get a name, and give an ultimatum - if you TV is not avaialble by 6:00 tomorrow you are taking (not asking for)your money back and say you are phoning Gerry Ryan Joe Duffy etc for good measure.

If their hands are really tied that's it - at least you have your money.

I know, I agree, its absolutely infuriating. I might have to threaten them withat that all right.

How about asking them if you can collect from Swords....or is it the same warehouse ?