Harvey Normans doing my head in

Deliah

Hi,

We have just bought and paid for a 3 seater sofa and 2 chairs and then discovered we couldn't fit them all in ( I know, I know) anyway I rang H N today and said I didn't want one of the chairs delivered but they siad that they couldn't do that. When I asked why and were they stuck together? Thye said that they come as a set and that I couldn't just leave one behind.

How do I complain and get what I want. Surely there must be someway?

How do I complain and get what I want. Surely there must be someway?

LOL That's classic!

Think you're dependant on the good will of the shop. Go directly to manager and plead. You have no legal right however.

I don't see how you can really blame the retailer for this turn of events!

Post crossed with Vanilla's.

I have yet to have a good experience with HN. Waited nearly 6 months for a 3+2 sofa. I really wanted the sofas to I didn't want to cancel.
Deliah, would you not consider cancelling the order and buying another sofa?

When I asked why and were they stuck together? Thye said that they come as a set and that I couldn't just leave one behind.

If I were you I'd change the tone when talking to the Manager. :) It's your mistake so you'll have to try get someone onside in HN.

What are you asking, to simply not take one of the chairs? Or to pay less for the two you want?
Can you not simply put one of the chairs in the buy and sell and get rid of it?

Big multinational companies like this are difficult to deal with as you cant get to a person who really cares about your business. The furniture is most likely imported from China bought and sold only in fixed sized groups such as a three seater and two chairs If you dont take it they are left with an odd chair to be sold off at perhaps quarter the price of what they could get in a group.Also the hassle and store space makes it very uneconomical for them to take it back. Put it in buy and sell.

It is harder for bigger stores to look after very specific requests such as this and also dealing with the issue is more difficult as there is a existing process and structure there and difficult to try to get something done that is not normally done. We have a for sale section on our website that may work for you.
http://www.furniture.ie/forum/

Back