Harry Potter: New book launch event in dublin?

Money Bags7

My husband is a big Harry Potter fan and he has a birthday coming up. He has been dropping hints about attending an event in a book shop when the new book comes out in a few weeks. Have tried googling Dublin book shops but could not find any information. Does anyone have any details of such an event?

Re: Harry Potter

Borders indeed appear to be doing a launch party:
[broken link removed]

Also at Waterstones in Dawson St:
http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/displayDetailEvent.do?searchType=2&store=318|WATERSTONE%27S%20DUBLIN%20DAWSON%20ST&sFilter=1

I'm sure Easons have something on too, but I couldn't see anything on their website.

I wasn't going to bother with the hype, and have the book reserved at a bookshop near us, but a friend suggested going to a party since it's the last book, and that's appealing...

Easons are selling tickets at €20 to admit 1 adult and 1 child to the launch party on Friday 20th. This price includes the book, you receive your copy at midnight.

Stephens Green Shopping Centre and Hughes & Hughes are opening at midnight and have a Hagrid Look a Like and party give aways.

Googling came up with this which might be of interest to him Book Brunch in the Evening.

TBH the midnight launches appear to be primarily aimed at kids.

That particular "Book Brunch In the Evening" event is for discussing the Harry Potter book about 10 days after it comes out.

But the Lunch Club is also doing a Dinner-Followed-By-Book-Buying (for grown-ups!) on Friday 20th/Saturday 21st.
You can find out details on the events page at www.theLunchClub.com

Oh, and they also do non-Harry Potter events :)

Back