harolds cross?

messyleo

looking to buy in somewhere close to town and harolds cross seems to fit the bill as prices seem a good bit cheaper than rathmines but it's a similar distance. i've had a look around the area but was wondering if anyone had any experiences, good or bad, of living there? which parts are the ones to avoid etc. had a quick search on the forum and there didnt seem to be anything already posted about the area.

thanks

I think Harold's Cross is a nice area especially the Rathgar/Rathmines end. Prices are a good bit cheaper than Rathgar and Rathmines but a lot of the old houses around Harold's Cross have been bought by young professionals and families in recent years and refurbished so its definitely up and coming. I have a family member that lives on Casimir Road and they love it. Anywhere around there is nice.

Its not a bad area, not too far from town. Dont know about transport links though. Have you look at ranelagh/milltown - on the luas line

Lived in Harold's Cross cottages for two years in the late 1990's. Fantastic place - walking distance to town, really quite, excellent pubs. Biggest mistake I ever made was not buying the two bed cottage I was renting for IRL£70,000. Oh well, I'm sure I'm not the only person with such a regret........

Its not a bad area, not too far from town. Dont know about transport links though. Have you look at ranelagh/milltown - on the luas line

wouldn't i only love to be able to afford ranelagh or milltown! :)

I rented in Harolds Cross for a couple of years and i really liked it. Its a 20/25 minute walk to Stephens Green. The bus routes from town depend on what part of harolds cross but the main buses are the 16/16a/19/54a/49. There is a tesco and dunnes in rathmines and a superquinn in kimmage for shopping.

Back