Hard drive Inspiron 6400

munsterman25

My Inspiron 6400 arrived yesterday. I have been detached from the PC world for a good number of years now so this may be a dumb question so forgive me.

I ordered a hard drive of 120GB. Yet when I check the size of the C and D drives combined it adds up to something around 105GB, and I missing something???

Also seems to be a lot of useless software loaded onto the machine, anyone else experience this?

My Inspiron 6400 arrived yesterday. I have been detached from the PC world for a good number of years now so this may be a dumb question so forgive me.

I ordered a hard drive of 120GB. Yet when I check the size of the C and D drives combined it adds up to something around 105GB, and I missing something???

Also seems to be a lot of useless software loaded onto the machine, anyone else experience this?

Dont worry about it..
Hard disk manufactures use 1000 bits in a Kilobyte, and 1000Kb in a Megabyte etc. Every one else used 1024. There is probably also another partition (Drive) one the hard disk containing a recovery tools.

The extra crap is standard Dell, I just uninstall it on a new PC. But if there is loads I would reformat the hard disk and reinstall Windows. Umm don't try this unless you know what your doing and have the install CDs.

Towger

Back