Hard disk recovery in Dublin ?

zag

Does anyone know of anywhere that does hard disk recovery in Dublin, or even elsewhere in Ireland ?

I have been through the basic tests with someone elses drive (in my machine) and it appears to be toast for all intents and purposes.

The data on it is reasonably valuable and they don't have a backup and so are looking for a commercial data recovery option, but I don't know of any in Dublin.

z

Have you tried booting [broken link removed]/Knoppix and seeing if it can read any of the data stored on the drive? Or maybe some of the free or commercial utilities from [broken link removed] can help? I've used CloneMaxx for recovering a drive that was on its last legs and it worked great so I would certainly try out their other tools.

Thanks, but the machine won't boot at all with this drive in it. I have tried putting it in a working machine as a second drive (both IDE master and slave with something else as master) and the machine won't recognise it at all at a BIOS level.

Result - I can't get as far as an OS to check the disk content.

z

Zag

Came across these companies after doing a search

[broken link removed]

C

We used Critical Data Recovery www.cdr.ie there is no fee if they can't fix it. professional service.

John