Hard Disk Camcorder V's DVD Camcorder.

Dman

Hi Folks,
i'm looking into buying a camcorder, but don't know a great deal about them.
Trying to decide between a Hard Disk one (JVC) or DVD Camcroder (loads of options)
Does anyone know which are better or which one they would recommend?
Thanks

I'm looking at the same. There are only HDD units from Sony and JVC as far as I can find.

From Wikipedia :
DVD
DVD camcorders are generally not designed to connect to computers for editing purposes, though some high-end DVD units do record surround sound, a feature not standard with DV equipment.

HDD:
They allow for recording directly to a large internal hard drive. JVC has several models out. Sony also has several models, including an HD model. Increased storage capacity over other types of media is the main advantage with these models. But with this follows a slightly reduced image quality when compared to other formats such as MiniDV, making the ease of transferring the footage to a PC for quick editing the main attraction of Hard disk camcorders.

I got a dvd sony one last summer and am not at all happy with the quality and reliability so far. Don't know anything about the other one but hopefully its better than mine anyways!!:mad:

Back