Happy 60th Birthday, Philip Parris Lynott.....

RIP Phillo, one of nature's gentlemen.

The star burned brightly and all too briefly.

Always loved his voice - really warm and full of character.

Thin Lizzy had a unique appeal and were (and are) more loved outside of Ireland than people may realise - especially in England.

Bono said of them that "it was the combination of romance and danger that was so intoxicating" or something like that. Sounds about right to me.

Used to see him going to Pearse College in Crumlin when I was in primary school. With his height and that mad hair he stood out amongst all the other students.

Its sad that so many talented people such as Phil Lynnott, Elvis, Jimi Hendrix, Buddy Holly, Jim Reeves and plenty others die so young and deprive us of their talents

Janis Joplin, Mama Cass, Dusty Springfield, Karen Carpenter, Keith Moon, Brian Jones, Jeff Buckley and his father Tim ( at 28 ), Rory Gallagher, John Lennon, Gram Parsons, SRV ( a blues legend dead at 35 ), ....

The good news is Caveat is pluggin' away with rehearsals for that new reality talenty thingy on the box - "A Reasonably priced 'Star' sans Guitar", I think its called...

No. It's not.

You'll be providing spurious comedy titles of sterotypical low rent talent shows out of the other side of your mouth when I win it, me boy that's all I can say.

Harry Chapin, Billie Holiday, Marc Boland, Wacko Jacko, Jim Morrison, Bob Marley, Freddie Mercury are some others.