Hanover Quay/ Dublin Docklands

Louise

Hi

I'm in the process of buying an apartment in the new development in Hanover Quay (block J). It was supposed to be ready in March but the snagging date keeps getting put back. We've now been told it's two weeks away.

Is there anyone else moving into the area? I know some of the other blocks are now occupied - did you have much trouble with snagging etc? What's the area like to live in?

Hi Louise, I'm moving into Longboat Quay, the development just beside Hanover Quay, in July. No delays that I know of yet anyway.

As far as I'm concerned, it's going to be a great place to live. If you dig around the dublin docklands website (www.ddda.ie), there are some detailed plans which lay down the types of buildings, types of occupancy, facitities etc. for the whole area. It has been very well thought out. And you can see already that these plans are really being implemented - look at the paving along the banks of the Liffey, the landscaping around Grand Canal Dock etc.

Also it seems the new theatre and hotel are going ahead, and these will definitely improve the area. Also the office space is being taken up by solicitors firms etc. So all in all I expect it to be quite a trendy place to live in a few years time.

However, to start with it will be a major building site for quite a while, we'll just have to live with that :)

Back