Handy Hint for Dead Phone Battery

wishbone

Here's a handy hint that might help someone. I have a Nokia phone which I haven't used in so long the battery was completely dead, wouldn't even charge. Read up on the internet about 'shocking' it by getting a usb cable of some description, chopping off the appliance connector and touching the wires off the battery - never got around to it to find out if it worked. Anyway told Mr Wishbone about my big plan and he suggested putting battery in fridge - what?? - so I did. I put it in a small plastic bag and left over night. Next day took out battery, put in phone, plugged in - started charging!! So there you have it - phone up and running again.

It can also be done to revive dead laptop batteries, I believe (though I've never tried it!).

How long did that charge last?

Battery is still going since it was charged on Saturday morning, it has lost one of its 7 charge units - I don't make many or receive many calls on it as I generally redirect to my 'real work phone' but it has been turned on since.

I believe this method has been used by lost climbers in the Alps and has saved lives.

I like Trigger. Maybe they have them fridges that you plug into your car, silly...

Good thinking TruthSeeker.. I'm sure even a 1l micra would be a go-er..

You could even stick a few beers into the fridge along with the battery for the journey.