Hands Free Phone and Headset

CMK

I am trying to find a hand's free landline phone for a disabled elderly person. The person i am trying to buy the phone for has very little use/power in hands and arms. I know there are phones on the market which you can put to loudspeaker - this is not what they want. They use an ordinary mobile with the headset which come with most mobiles but am looking for similar type of thing for landline phone. The preference is a phone (mobile landline phone) where you can buy a headset so it can be left in the phone at all times. They could have the phone on their knee (as they person is also in a wheelchair). I have gone to the usual places likes Dixons, Currys etc. I have come across no phone where you can attach a headset as they phones dont seem to have this facility. They have sent me to the Eircom shop who basically dont exist anymore - they are now 3G. Can anyone point me in the right direction or advise me. I am in the Dublin area. Thanks

You want a bluetooth cordless phone. It looks like Siemens do a few models; maybe try calling their Dublin office for details of suppliers?

It may be cheaper to buy online, but in the circumstances it's probably preferable to get it from somewhere that will let you try it out in the person's home, to make sure that it's suitable for them.

If your relative has an Occupational Therapist, they may be able to help recommend a particular model to mee ttheir needs.