handbrake on a renault grand scenic

june

Can anybody advise me about the handbrake on a renault grand scenic please? I am hoping to buy one so i test drove one today and found the handbrake weird as it is located on the dash boardon the right of the steering wheel. Does anybody have this and how do you find it? bit unsure as to how to manage it. thanks all

Thought it weird too when I first got one. But it's fine. Pull the thing on the dash and it goes on. Once you start to drive it disengages automatically. After two days it is the most normal thing in the world. Think I prefer it now to the normal handbrake.

ok that sounds better. so you dont have to be turning it on and off just on? Do you find yourself balancing the car more with foot pedals
what about hillstarts ? i often park on a hill going to the beach

No, the handbrake works! Makes hill starts easier. Brake won't disengage until car starts moving in gear. So can't roll back (unless you move forward first, then back!)

.........found the handbrake weird as it is located on the dash boardon the right of the steering wheel...........

Just like on the Austin A55 that pa had in the 1950s

Back to the future once again.

great thanks. i'll let you know how i get on in a few days if i buy this car

Also note that the handbrake engages automatically when you switch off the engine.