Handbag problem

Marcecie

Am I the only one with this problem-- the handbag strap keeps slipping off the shoulder.I have tried making it longer/shorter but still have same problem, is there a simple remedy, it is not just one bag but many.

Here goes from a guy!
1. By increasing the weight/number of items in your bag to have a greater gravitational effect of it pulling down on your shoulder
2. Using self adhesive velcro to the bag strap and then one on your shoulder
3. By increasing the thinkness/broadness of your bag straps when you purchase another one

Hope that helps.

If the strap is long enough put your head through it as well so the the only way it can slip is if you lose your head!

Shoulder pads! (the weight of the handbag pulls the strap into the foam cushion and holds it in place) Bring back the 80s.....

age old problem...
Simple solution is buying shoulder bags that only have 1 strap.... Once you've found one of those it very hard to go back to a bag with 2 straps!

OK I am doing everything I was told--- standing up straight, have a bag with 1 strap, have a heavy weight in it,wearing trousers with pockets, have got shoulder pads, and strap is still slipping so last option is going for the back pack,
many thanks

Notice the various techniques of holding the bag. I see some of the models use two hands. Also try keeping the bag in the eblow area and not flung over the shoulder.. This could get scientific and i might just be out of my league

Glue or sew the strap to your coat! Stops bag being snatched as well.

I don't use one myself.

Glue or sew the strap to your coat! Stops bag being snatched as well.

I don't use one myself.
Shades of the children with mittens attached to elastic that runs up one sleeve, across their back inside the coat and down the other. All the rage in the schoolyard when I was a kid. Though I must admit my parents never did this. They just told us if we lost our gloves we wouldn't get new ones.

OK I am doing everything I was told--- standing up straight, have a bag with 1 strap, have a heavy weight in it,wearing trousers with pockets, have got shoulder pads, and strap is still slipping so last option is going for the back pack,
many thanks

By a process of elimination, I think the strap on your handbag is too long!

Hi there Marcecie,
In spain a few years ago - I bought a bag and on the straps was a piece of leather that cliped the two straps into one. I must say a god send. If you are travelling abroad - have a peep around - you know how good the continent is for shopping.

Take up weight lifting and get them muscles on your shoulder so the strap has a mountain to cross