Hand Held Hoover for car

I bought a "Dirt Devil" from Argos a few years ago. It's not spectacular but it does the job and keeps the car clean although I do resort to the mains vacuum cleaner when I give the car a more thorough cleam every few months...I won't spend too much money on this sort of thing anyway, it'll never match the performance of the full sized machine.

Thanks for that sounds ideal as car doesnt get too dirty, think i will head off now and get one.

I got my wife a Black & Decker Auto hoover from Halfords for €45 for Mothers Day. She thinks its great.
They are also in Argos for €47

I wouldn't bother with the rechargeable ones. Just get one that plugs in to the 12V socket

Chances are you probably have bought one already by now

Dyson are great when they are new, I'll never buy a Dyson again...

Did you clean the filter every six months? We've had one for nearly four years and its as good as it was the day we bought it...not as clean maybe! Depends what you decide to vacuum with it I suppose.

Dyson are great when they are new, I'll never buy a Dyson again...

Couldn't agree more.

By conincidence there was an ad on TV for Dysons last night saying that there was "no loss of suction" and "no filters to clean", Richard Dyson himself. My Dyson has a filter that you need to clean or there is loss of suction! And they are made of very brittle plactic in the places most likely to break. Thoughfully Dyson will "service" your machine which includes replacing these broken parts, costs about €75. Got a different brand new machine for less. Never buying a Dyson again either.

Sorry to hear about your stroke of bad luck Daved
I have had mine for 3 years and it's been the best buy of the house...Suction is unreal and consistent which is what matters ...for the performance I think Dysons pay for themselves in their ability to keep your house as dust free as possible and in their durability. I've been too frustrated with 'other branded' vacuum cleaners in the past.

My sister bought a dyson recently and was told there is 5 year warranty and you can get it "serviced" within 5 years free of charge.

The reason I replied to this was I was wondering if anyone has got one of these for the car and what price to pay. Goint to north and want to compare price. edit: €147 at pixmania. Ouch

I have one of these and it's pretty good - it's handy that it plugs into the 12v socket in the car. I bought a Halford's own brand one before that which was utter rubbish.

PS: buying your wife a hoover for mother's day - did you have to duck afterwards?

I find my dysons brilliant, both the house one and the handheld,they retail up north for £99 so a good saving.