Hamburg

Breaker

Anyone got any good recommendations for hotels in Hamburg? Looking for decent value. Nothing overpriced or to flash. And most importantly we want it within walking distance of the reeperbahn!!

and any self catering acomm recommendations would be great.
thanks

Check with [broken link removed] - my OH got 3 nights b&b for 6 (3 x twins) people for under €250 for Easter weekend in a central hotel in Hamburg.

I stayed in the East Hotel in Hamburg about a year and a half ago. I remember it being quite pricey at the time but it was peak season and it was worth the money. Really unusual place with lovely staff and definitely worth checking out. Plus it's beside the train and the Reeperbahn. Wouldn't recommend the Reeperbahn though, well, depending on what you're going there for I suppose..... We did a bit of research before going and went to the pubs and restaurants where the 'locals' went and had a ball. Whatever they say about Germans being boring is untrue - in Hamburg anyway. Great city

Reeperbahn is very very seedy. Very close to HauptBahnhof (main train station) Not a place you want to walk alone at night. A lot of bums & homeless hang out there.

The nicer part of Hamburg to hang out is anywhere near the Alster lake. Can recommend the Crowne Plaza (am Alster).

Hamburg very well served by transport UBahn (underground) & SBahn(LUAS equivalent). Both run till about 2pm and start operation from about 5.30 am. The Reeperbahn & Fischmarkt have their own UBahn station so from any part of the city it is accessable. Would advice you get a hotel in the nice part of town & use the publin transport to go to Reeperbahn. Everywhere stays open until early morning by which time the UBahn is back in operation...

Viel Spass........

thanks for the replies.

There are 6 lads going and the main thing we are looking for is the reeperbahn night life etc. Any recommendations for good clubs or bars? and also ones that may not be on the reeperbahn.
We are going on paddys weekend for fri & sat night. Got a really cheap deal with ryanair.

also anything to do on the sat day time?

There are many girls ,a lot of them students apparently, who are just hanging around the reeperbahn all the time even in cold weather just waiting for guys like you to show up.I`m sure that six of them would accompany you around the area and show ye the best bars etc
enjoy

Back