Halogen light bulbs

zag

I am trying to find a replacement lightbulb for a small light fitting and I keep running into a small problem - the replacement bulbs I have don't fit into the entire assembly.

The bulbs I am using are like this - [broken link removed] - and while they fit into the receiver and light up, I can't put the lens back into the fitting because the top of the bulb extends out beyond where the lens should be.

The pins seem to fit back fully into the receiver, so it seems like the bulb body itself is too long. I have tried asking in a few shops (like Atlantic, but no dedicated lighting shops yet) but nobody seems to be able to tell me if there are smaller versions of the G4 bulb available. I have seen G6.35 bulbs too - http://www.goodmart.com/products/643352.htm - but I can't find anywhere that has the dimensions or specifications.

Does anyone out there know ?

I have tried to check details on the existing bulbs (which do fit) but unfortunately all they have is the voltage & wattage ratings, so I am none the wiser. I also initially thought that I might have bought a bad batch originally, so I have bought others but had the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

z

Have you tried removing one full light fitting and bringing it to the shops?