Hallelujah song

asking7

Anyone know if the song "Hallelujah" has been recorded by any other artist (other than Leonard Cohen?

Several others have done it. My favourite is the version by KD Lang on Hymns of the 49th Parallel.

Neck and neck with John Cale's, IMHO.

[Edit: on reflection, in fairness, Buckley's version is the best one. Except for me in the shower, of course... :D]

Rufus Wainright is the one i love, funny but i heard it first on the soundtrack of Shrek.

My fav track to listen to in the bath:D

Rufus Wainright is the one i love, funny but i heard it first on the soundtrack of Shrek.
I played that for a friend at a wedding and his 4 yr old told me it wasnt the same singer. Had a look when I got home and found that it was John Cale who sang it in the movie, but Wainright got the soundtrack. I was most impressed with the 4 yr old.

From [broken link removed] listing on the song itself...

Although the John Cale performance of “Hallelujah” was used in the film Shrek (Two-Disc Special Edition), because of difficulties concerning Cale's contract with a competing record company, it was not possible to include it on the soundtrack album, Shrek - Music From the Original Motion Picture. Rufus Wainwright (son of Loudon) was therefore asked to record a version similar to the Cale, also using piano. This explains why one version is found in the film but another version on the soundtrack album.

I played that for a friend at a wedding and his 4 yr old told me it wasnt the same singer. Had a look when I got home and found that it was John Cale who sang it in the movie, but Wainright got the soundtrack. I was most impressed with the 4 yr old.

From [broken link removed] listing on the song itself...

ha ha, like any typical dj i couldn't care less who sang it. I only have an ear for what sounds good :D but if that 4 yr old wants job in the future let me know !!!!!

Back