Halifax Online Banking

Darando

Is there a limit on the amount which can be transferred out externally (i.e. to another bank) using Halifax Online Banking????

I know AIB have a daily limit of €5,000 external transfer using their online banking.

Is there a limit on the amount which can be transferred out externally (i.e. to another bank) using Halifax Online Banking????

I know AIB have a daily limit of €5,000 external transfer using their online banking.

They have limits but despite asking several times for the amounts they do not tell me.

What happens is that if you make a transaction over the limit the system tells you that the transaction is hold up due to further security review and that someone will call you. In that case pick up the phone and call them because it can take a day before they call. Once you are on the phone and answered their security questions they release the payment and it's on it's way.

Just do all of this before 1000 because otherwise it won't go out the same day either.

They recently stopped 1000 € outgoing because I already had done 1000€ to another account 10 minutes earlier.

I've been caught out by this before. Think the daily limit is 10K (or to be exact €9,999). Above this you amount and you're subject to the security review. Haven't transferred large sums out of there recently so not sure if this is still the case.

Thought I would just update in for future reference.

You can make transfers up to €50,000, and there is no limit to the amount of transfers per day.

Thats what customer service told me on the phone.

Back