Halifax current account v N.I.B.

Haille

I am getting a mortgage with National Irish Bank,part of the agreement is that I open a current account with them.If I transfer my salary into their account I get 600 euro off my solicitors fees.Was wondering if I would be better off to open a Halifax current account and get 10% interest? Can someone explain what the 2000 limit is, is it simply the max amount you can lodge?

I am getting a mortgage with National Irish Bank,part of the agreement is that I open a current account with them.If I transfer my salary into their account I get 600 euro off my solicitors fees.Was wondering if I would be better off to open a Halifax current account and get 10% interest? Can someone explain what the 2000 limit is, is it simply the max amount you can lodge?
You are under no obligation to transfer your salary in there - and still entitled to the 600 towards legal fees.
10% interest...??

Halifax offer 10% on credit balances up to 2k once you transfer your salary in and keep 1500 in it per month.
They are also going to offer a Debit card through VISA. Wohoo!
Watch all Irish banks follow suit though..finally.

Halifax offer 10% on credit balances up to 2k once you transfer your salary in and keep 1500 in it per month.

I think you're mistaken here. Is the condition not that you transfer at least €1,500 into the account every month ie your salary or some other income? You could then withdraw as you like throughout the month. ie you don't have to maintain €1,500 in the account.

To avail of the maximum amount of interest you would of course have to maintain €2,000 in the account all the time

Back