Halifax creditcard debt missing

• Thread starter Stephanie33
  • Start date
S

Stephanie33

Dear All,

We are living in Sydney and have an outstanding debt on a halifax credit card. We have tried to contact halifax on numerous occasions and they refer us to the company that have taken over the debt. We need to make payment on the debt. We made numerous payment before halifax closed down and asked them for a statement but nothing came.

We contacted the company that halifax mentioned but they have no record of us so we phoned halifax back and again they said contact the other company which we did! Again the same story we do not have a record of you! I know for sure we did not clear all of the debt and I believe it must be in the region of €2000.

What can we do now as Halifax is not helping us to resolve the issue. I do not want anyone knocking on our door in a few years time telling us we have a huge debt with them.

Does anyone know someone that his happened to and how did you resolve the issue?

Thanks

Get it in writing from both Halifax and the debt company that as far as they are concerned, there is no outstanding debt. (Probably won't be easy!) I would be amazed if one of them suddenly didn't find the details of the debt. Put everything in writing about how you have tried to get this sorted so they can't come back in the futrue and claim you ignored correspondence etc.