Halifax Credit Card Balance Transfer problem

busymum

I just received my Halifax credit card which i applied for specifically to transfer the balance on my GE Money Credit Card (Debenhams) and avail of the 0% interest rate.

Rang them earlier to transfer and to my utter shock was advised that they could not do the transfer as they did not have any arrangement with GE Money. If the credit card was issued by one of the High Street Banks it would not have been an issue.

I rang GE Money who advised that i ask Halifax to issue a cheque instead as there seemed to be some issue when Halifax input the GE Money credit card number on their system.

When I contacted Halifax to ask them to do this they said that they don't have a cheque facility and would not be able to facilitate the balance transfer. Did I want to transfer to another credit card instead?

They also suggested that pehaps i would do a cash withdrawal and lodge the money myself to the GE Money Credit Card. The interest rate for this 11.2% !!

Has anyone else come across this before and if so is there any way round this?

Is this the position also for MBNA credit cards?

Re: Halifax Credit Card Balance how can i tfr??

I need to make a balance transfer in the next couple of days, can anyone advise how i can do this?

I just received my Halifax credit card which i applied for specifically to transfer the balance on my GE Money Credit Card (Debenhams) and avail of the 0% interest rate.

Rang them earlier to transfer and to my utter shock was advised that they could not do the transfer as they did not have any arrangement with GE Money. If the credit card was issued by one of the High Street Banks it would not have been an issue.

I rang GE Money who advised that i ask Halifax to issue a cheque instead as there seemed to be some issue when Halifax input the GE Money credit card number on their system.

When I contacted Halifax to ask them to do this they said that they don't have a cheque facility and would not be able to facilitate the balance transfer. Did I want to transfer to another credit card instead?

They also suggested that pehaps i would do a cash withdrawal and lodge the money myself to the GE Money Credit Card. The interest rate for this 11.2% !!

Has anyone else come across this before and if so is there any way round this?

Is this the position also for MBNA credit cards?

Can you transfer the amount in to your current account, and then on to the GE card?
MBNA will transfer to any account including current accounts and if you do it over the phone it only takes three working days.

i did a balance transfer yesterday to mbna (int rate on card 12.9%), i did want to transfer to GE Money (interest rate on card16.9%).
I am "snowballing" my outstanding debt at preseent and concentrating on the higher interst ones first.
I suppose what everway i look at it did not really matter as its a balance that i am not paying interest on, i am just trying to clear some debts.

Back