Halifax credit card balance question

K

Krew Bot

I have a credit card with Halifax, as most of you are aware you cannot view credit card transactions online with Halifax. I am having a little difficulty understanding what I actually owe on the card, and its too late to call them now.

Halifax.ie online banking says my Available Balance is €5000 and my Current Balance is -€3000. My credit limit is €5000, but can anyone hazard a guess as to whether current balance is the amount of credit left on my credit card or the amount I have spent/owe.

Thanks

€3000 is what you have spent
Have just checked my A/C and Current Balance = Money Spent

You can check the balance but not transactions if I recall correctly.
This is the main reason I haven't transferred to Halifax yet. I'm still waiting for them to fix their Online website.

I am currently with MBNA, MBNA may not have great APR I know, BUT they have a first class online website which I can view all my transactions before I am billed. This was a HUGE help to me when I travelled as I was able to find problems when I was billed by car hire companies in Oz. Until halifax start displaying transcation I'm afraid I will be staying away from them.

I was talking to someone who works in a halifax down here in the south east and he was saying that not having transactions displayed for the credit cards online website is the biggest complaint they get from the public. He told me the UK website version does have this but when they setup in ireland the computer systems werent setup to do this for irish customers. He said they are currently working to do this for irish customers and that they are testing it now, but he couldnt tell me a rough date when he it will be available to irish users.

So I sent an email to head office...... asking them when will they offer this service and all I got was a wishy washy reply with no answers.