Halifax CC will not acknowledge refund

JonathanM

I returned goods to Mothercare on the 18/4/2010.
I got a merchant refund onto my halifax CC which was authorised and went through OK.
I paid my final CC balance to Halifax less the refund amount.
Halifax have repeatedly claimed the refund never appeared back onto the CC account.
Mothercare have repeatedly shown me a statement to show that the refund was authorised and cashed for value by Halifax.
The muppets in Halifax call centre don't want to know and keep telling me to contact Mothercare.
Meanwhile I have a fictional balance on the card which is accruing interest.
What can I do next because if I just clear the balance of €56 and try to prove that they then owe me that amount I guess I would never get it back from them. At least this way there is €56 owing on the card and as far as I am concerned it's their problem not mine.
The call centre cannot refer me to anyone in charge and all they can do is look at the screen on the computer to see the balance on the a/c. Verbally they are also giving me a slighly different balance to the statements.
My feeling is that there is a problem with the IT systems in Halifax that is screwing up under the pressure of trying to wind the bank up.

You need to get a copy of whatever document Mathercare has and send it to Halifax. They have probably applied the credit to the wrong cc account.

I used to like The Muppets :(

I sent off the statement from Mothercare showing that the refund transaction took place on the 18/04/2010. They are ignoring this and sending me bills and adding late payment penalties onto the amount. They have stopped looking for the 30 euros stamp duty despite the fact that the a/c is not closed and they have used the 30 euros I was requested originally to reduce the fictional balance and the 30 euros no longer appears on statements as owing eventhough they used it to reduce this balance and not pay the stamp duty. A bunch of gangsters.

How to a get a written response out of Halifax

I cannot get Halifax CC division to respond to the 3 letters I have sent them. I cannot get to speak to anyone in authority either, and this was the same before they 'closed' for business here. I keep getting letters of demand for a balance that does not exist. What is the next step in view of the fact that all my correspondence is ignored ?

Back