Halifax C/A €1500 monthly fee free banking question

K

Krew Bot

As I understand it if a person with a Halifax current account has €1500 entering their current account each month they get fee free banking and a lower rate of interest on some transactions.

Can anyone tell me whether or not a balance of €1500 must be kept in the account for the entire month to avail of the lower rates, or could I literally transfer my wages to my other bank account with AIB a couple of hours after they enter my Halifax current account, if my wages exceed €1500 each month and still benefit from the fee free Halifax banking?

Hypothetically, if I transfer €100 back and forth fifteen times between my Halifax and AIB current accounts, would I still be eligible for the fee free banking with Halifax as €1500 would have entered my account, all be it the same €100 over and over and over again.

Thanks guys

From reading the site, the fee free banking is not dependent on the €1500 lodgment.

[broken link removed]

However, the 10% current acount interest is dependent on the €1500:

halifax.ie said:
10% interest on all balances up to €2,000
To get this great rate, all you have to do is lodge €1,500 to your account each month AND as an extra you don’t have to keep the €1,500 in your account for the entire month.

When I spoke to them a few weeks ago they said that the lodgement of 1500 per month is sufficient to qualify for the free fees and the credit interest.

They appreciate that you have to live and therefore they are not like PTSB(1000 floor underwhich quarterly fees kickin) in that they do not require you to maintain this 1500 for the duration of the month.

Definitely no need to start juggling your €100 between accounts.

Halifax CA is definitely fee-free.

The €1500 per mth is required to qualify for the 10% interest(up to €2000).

see here

BTW why would you want to transfer anything back to AIB?

Why not leave anything up to €2000 where it can earn 10%?

What do you mean by

As I understand it if a person with a Halifax current account has €1500 entering their current account each month they get fee free banking and a lower rate of interest on some transactions.

Not sure about the part in bold italics.