Halifax & Bank of Ireland Motor Loans 6.9%

Banking2006

I note above and just a word of warning about the current Halifax product- that claims to offer a free sat nav! Beware, you'll be actually paying dearly if you try to pay off the loan early- they charge penalty interest x 90 days on top of your remaining balance. Refer to Sections 5.8 of the terms and conditions and also the Fees and charges section on their website

On the other side, the Bank of Ireland do not penalise customers (currently at least), if you decide to pay off early or pay off a bigger repayment.

Are you sure about this? BOI's website says there are penalties for early repayment...Tesco's 6.9% is the best in my opinion as it's also fixed but you can pay it off early (but it has to be in one go, not overpaying or bit by bit)

I note above and just a word of warning about the current Halifax product

Refer to Sections 5.8 of the terms and conditions and also the Fees and charges section on their website
The warning seems unnecessary given that it's clearly stated in their T&Cs as you say?

Yes I checked with banking 365 at BoI and they advised no penalty. Call is recorded as are all to such call centres.

Not much of a car if you get a new motor for less than 20k! So meeting that criteria isn't a problem for the majority of motor loan applicants...