Halifax account for new movers to ireland

T

tka

Hi
i am on the move from sweden to ireland.
and i am looking for a bank thats have a normal visa debit card
and i can only se halifax have thats
can someone inhere
tell me if its a good deal to use halifax or not
and is the visa debit card acepted everywhere in ireland
regarding is not a laser card
or is it?

You may have trouble opening an account with Halifax as they demand so much info before they will even consider opening an account.

Have a look at postbank. Much easier to deal with.

Hello tka,

I have a Halifax account - with debit card.

In order to set up an account you need a bill in your name and Irish address, a recent statement from your current bank and your passport.

It takes a couple of days for them to set up the account. I have found them great to deal with always very pleasant and helpful.

The debit card is accepted in the majority of retail outlets.
I have been using it for the last 3 months have not experienced any difficulty.

Welcome to Ireland! :)

In order to set up an account you need a bill in your name and Irish address, a recent statement from your current bank and your passport.
Were you not asked for 6 months bank statements, copy of P60 and 4 payslips? Also depending on the official you could be asked what you had for breakfast.

Were you not asked for 6 months bank statements, copy of P60 and 4 payslips?

Nope - my experience was the same as Zena's. They had some initial difficulties with acceptance of the card in some shops but that seems to be sorted now, though not everywhere will give you cashback.

Hi
tnx for the answers.
iam just most interested in Halifax because of the visa card.
i have to call Halifax tomorrow and See what thay say

As Eanair say about cashback is a problem every country with own payment systems
like laser have
in Denmark we have dancard
in Norway bankaxept

that means that's the payment system actually sometimes only accept the Locale systems like laser.
in Norway in most stores a forent visa wound work at all

but why haven't Halifax's a visa debit card with laser included like Norway and Denmark have
like this

http://www.nordea.dk/sitemod/upload/Root/main_dk/Privat/Kort/visa_dankort_v2_396x113.jpg

or

http://images.google.no/images?um=1&hl=sv&q=bank+axept+

a card like thats work perfectly and give both you a local and forrent use
this meens
visa works best outside Ireland
and laser best inside :)

and i need both from the start
so i have to get both a laser card and visa card
from the start .
i cant se if halifax gives out the laser card

Halifax doesn't do a Laser card, but to be honest, I have a Laser card from AIB and I've never noticed any need to use it in place of my Halifax card (I use the two accounts for different purposes) - not sure why you think you need a Laser card?

I think halifax account will do good. If you want to move and resettle within the US, then I prefer and recommend you to go with Charlotte movers. They will charge you a very nominal price for their services.

Back