Halifax Access Code Letters

A

AMMS

just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem i am.... signed up for online banking with halifax and got sent out the customer id letter and then separate 'access code' letter. To reveal the access code you have to scratch off a panel and then place it on blank white paper in order to view it....sounds simple enough... Except that i'm now on my 2nd access code letter cos i just can't read whats (supposedly) revealed....

At first I thought I got a bad code letter also - couldnt see a code after scraping the area, however I had some patience! You have to scrap the panel very hard, use your nail or a coin (iused a coin €2!), don't worry you can't remove the code underneath - just rub it really really hard. (try it on your first code letter)

You will be able to see it !!!! even without placing it on white background (btw it should be 5 numbers)

Hi guys,

I had the same problem at the beginning. The characters were so difficult to be read...

Put a white page behind it after you scratch the panel. Thats how I saw the numbers alot clearer. Same for the first active one as well.

Thanks for all the advice,

Darando I did as you said and went back and tried again....no luck - now i can see through it completely!!! if there was a code there, there sure ain't now.... anyway rang halifax and there's not much they can do but send me out a 3rd code....so when i get it i'm going into their nearest branch to get them to reveal it

I got my access code letter today and just scratched it a few moments ago, was a bit difficult to read but no great problem.
Sorry if this is too obvious but do you know that it must be scratched from the reverse side of the page after tearing of the small indicated panel? (Just in case you were trying to scratch from the front!)

I remember that the plastic cover was a bit hard to be scratched so I almost started scratching the characters as well... Good idea to go to the branch to get them to scratch the code for you!

I had the same problem at first, I found a UV light helped reveal the numbers.

But yes, very hard to see, way harder then what you get from any other bank.

BTW I got the UV light in Maplins as part of a set for invisibly marking your property.