Hairdryer that straightens hair

Happy Girl

Has anybody used the attached straightening hairdryer from Babyliss. Thinking of getting one and just wanted opinions.

was wondering about them too & would be interested to see what people who've bought them before think

hi I bought one last year, it does work in some respects but the lead is much too short (I did contact Babylis and expressed this, never got a reply). I've quite thick hair and I found it put way too much volume in it. So just resorted back to my ordinary hair dryer and ghd.

hi I bought one last year, it does work in some respects but the lead is much too short (I did contact Babylis and expressed this, never got a reply). I've quite thick hair and I found it put way too much volume in it. So just resorted back to my ordinary hair dryer and ghd.

Thanks for reply pc7. I know what you are saying bout putting too much volume into your hair but did it blowdry hair straight as it claims to do and was it very harsh on your hair given that the hair is in direct contact with the dryer rather than a couple of inches away from it if you were drying with a conventional hairdryer?

I didn't feel that it damaged my hair, it definately took longer than doing it with an ordinary hair dryer and fingers, it was straighter than doing it with hair dryer and fingers but reckon if I used a hair brush with an ordinary hair dryer and spent the time necessary using the babylis one, then it would turn out not as full and more straight than using the babylis one. I put it in a drawer and never used it again.

I tried a friends one and wouldn't be rushing out to get one.
my hair is fine but i have a lot of it. It took a good while to dry it and I still ended up running the straightener through it.

I think a good salon hairdryer from a hair stylist wholesalers, with a ceramic barrel brush which are brill because the heat of the hair dryer heats the ceramic barrel so you're hair is smooth when getting dried and a good quality t3 or GHD are the most effective.

A GHD is the only thing that works....If you let your hair dry naturally you can save on too much heat damage.

Forgot to mention spray....I use the GHD one, very good but it is expensive.

I have the Remington Wet to Dry and its great. I have thick curly hair and despise using a hairdryer so hubby got me one two Christmas' ago. its great and I can straighten my hair from wet.

I already do have a GHD but I was hoping that the Babyliss might cut down on my necessity to use the GHD as I feel in the long term it is going to damage my hair big time. Like everybody else when I go to the hairdressers for a blowdry I come out delighted with my hair but when I do it myself it is never the same and ends up a disaster. I just can't manage it myself.

Back