H.S.F

F

Freddy

We have had a guy from the Hospital Saturday Fund at work telling us all the benifits of same, that it would compliment VHI/ BUPA membership. I am wondering if it is as good as it sounds and do you get full value for your money. I do have BUPA health insurance. I also have epilepsy which is a pre-existing condition so would not be covered for certain procedures.

You have BUPA so the cost of your treatment is covered.

You don't instantly lose a job just because you get sick so loss of earnings is not usually a problem unless the illness is prolonged - in which case you are entitled to PRSI based benefit.

Is there tax relief with H.S.F.? - a brief look at their website doesn't say so (standard income protection schemes do have relief).

How generous are the benefits - again the site doesn't have much to say.

I'm instinctively against these types of schemes - but my instinct is hardly a sound basis for you making financial decisions.....

Also ... don't forget that there is a cap on how much individuals have to pay for prescription drugs and tax relief at one's marginal rate is available on medical/dental expenses over some level (€125/€250 individual/joint or family if I recall correctly). , Revenue and/or Welfare should have information on these schemes.

Try this keypost

Im locking this now please refer to the key post. Thanks.
ajapale

Back