Gym in Cork

JohnnyBoy

Hi there,
I'm looking for a gym in the east of the city.Does anybody have any opinion re Rochestown Park v Maryborough or Silversprings v city centre gyms eg Clarion/Metropole?
I'm not interested in Mardyke or Lesiureworld in CIT.

I have been a member of both the the CLarion and The metropole and I have to say the clarion is much better
The Clarion gives you 2 hours free parking whereas the metropole you might be very lucky to get a space along the quays but you need parking discs even though there is a car park for the metropole there isn't any free parking.

Got a tour of The Planet in Blackpool recently and was very impressed. It's easier to get to than the city centre and parking wouldn't be an issue. We decided against it as there are a lot of restrictions on children using the pool.

Silversprings is brilliant. It has a huge well equipped gym, 25m pool and good instructors. It is a proper gym and not simply a leisure centre, and their prices are not bad. No problems with parking. Metropole is central but poor value.

Checked out Clarion over w/e-very impressed.Will check out Rochestown pk today.Will probably go for Clarion as E180 cheaper & longer opening hrs.I heard Silversprings was good,but I'd have 2 use the tunnel to get there.