gutters

Just the One

I need to get a downpipe fitted to the guttering at the corner of my house. There is a slight dip at the corner and water gathers there. The birds think this is for them to wash in every day and soak you when walking out of the house.

Usually I would be able to do something like this myself but can't reach it - it is too high.

Can anyone suggust someone in the Dunshaughlin area that might be able to look at this without charging me a fortune.

Try your best to do it yourself with a ladder and a friend or get a friend to do it. This is literally a 20 minute job.
Up on a ladder, clean moss, leaves etc out of the lenght of the gutter. Get a horshoe shaped plastic bracket and attached to pipe and then wall (using screw/hammer in fixings & raw plugs)
If your not sure of the type of bracket needed, take a few pics on your digital camera/phone and bring then into a builders providers (that do guttering)and they'll tell you exactly what you need. The bracket/bits will probably only cost you 5-20 euro.

PS the likes of B&Q haven't a clue when it comes to the advice bit, go to the likes of Brooks Thomas/Chadwicks or a plumbing centre.

Try your best to do it yourself with a ladder and a friend or get a friend to do it. This is literally a 20 minute job.
Up on a ladder, clean moss, leaves etc out of the lenght of the gutter. Get a horshoe shaped plastic bracket and attached to pipe and then wall (using screw/hammer in fixings & raw plugs)
If your not sure of the type of bracket needed, take a few pics on your digital camera/phone and bring then into a builders providers (that do guttering)and they'll tell you exactly what you need. The bracket/bits will probably only cost you 5-20 euro.

PS the likes of B&Q haven't a clue when it comes to the advice bit, go to the likes of Brooks Thomas/Chadwicks or a plumbing centre.

I have tried doing it myself but can't reach. it is at corner of house and I can only get access to one side as the garage is at the other side.

Back