Gurnee Mills Chicago

MUM2KIDS

Hi heading to Chicago in 2 weeks and hoping to go to Gurnee Mills for some shopping. I can't seem to get a handle on what the best way is to get there.. public transport of hire a car. Whats driving like in Chicago.. I have never driven outside of Ireland!!! Any information would be great!!!

For Gurnee, you should hire a car, and allow plenty of time to browse! The place is huge.

Actually, I find Gurnee a bit too commercial for real bargains. If you want an alternative, then a little past Gurnee is Prime Outlets in Pleasant Prairie http://www.primeoutlets.com/cntrdefault.asp?cntrid=1039. They are an open style mall, with good names. Timberland is especially good. Also huge, and I found it better value. If you start early and pace yourself you can do both!

Hertz do cars with GPS (NeverLost) which is brilliant for driving in the US.

Enjoy the power shopping.

Thanks Dixiet, I hadn't heard of Prime Oulets, looks v good. I heard there is also a Chelsesa Premium Outlet Mall as well...have you heard anyhthing about that. Looking forward to some retail terapy in a few weeks

MUM2KIDS said:
Thanks Dixiet, I hadn't heard of Prime Oulets, looks v good. I heard there is also a Chelsesa Premium Outlet Mall as well...have you heard anyhthing about that. Looking forward to some retail terapy in a few weeks

Sorry, my travels in retail heaven did not take me to Chelsea Outlet Mall. But Premier is good, in that I recognised a lot of the names there and there were plenty of bargains. There were a lot of names I did not recognise at all in Gurnee (although it is huge and good fun all the same). Enjoy yourself, and allow plenty of time! The dollar is very low, so it should be seriously good value.

cheers,
Diziet

I think you can get a train from centre of Chicago that stops close to Guerney Mills- the same line goes on to Six Flags Great America Amusement Park

Back