Guess who is presenting the late late tonight?

I never thought I'd say this but Gerry is doing quite well (10.30).
He's quite conversational and natural. Much more natural than pk. Dammit I need help!

I don't like him. on many levels. I can't listen to him on the radio. But he's so much more relaxed than Pat.
Does he have to do the whole innuendo stuff all the time.....

That Tommy Tiernan part was terrible though...so strained...not a bit funny.

That Tommy Tiernan part was terrible though...so strained...not a bit funny.

Agreed, Gerry wouldn't let aul Tommy let loose!

Ignoring what anyone thinks about Tommy, when you've agreed (or asked) to have him on the Late Late you have to be aware that there's going to be a lot of non PC comments. If you weren't going to let him do his bit then don't have him on the show.

Gerry just kept stopping him mid stream.

Gerry is just a complete bore.

Live update!

Yep - as I expected - he continues to be a smarmy smutty git.... this is painful to watch.......comeon Mrs Ninsaga...gimme back the remote!

It was painful to watch, even just for a few minutes now + again. It was such a contrast to the professionalism I saw on the Jonathan Ross interviews on the BBC last night. Now that was proper tv, as usual. To think that hundreds of thousands of our licence payers fees go towards the likes of Gerry Ryan + Pat Kenny. What a ....... country.

Can't listen to him on the radio....but flicked over last night out of curiousity & I found it painful.

Rossie also had Tony Curtis on & it was a far better interview. I was cringing when Gerry said to Tony about his son dying & how he knows it very painful to talk about & that he normally doesn't....Tony said "I'll tell you a story" ....Gerry had his usual smug face on, thinking he was getting a scoop about the poor mans dead son & Tony went onto talk about something totally different.

I like the Jonathan Ross show, but I thinks its a bit of a stretch to call his interaction with guests 'interviews', there are no hard questions and he loves everyone and if you want innuendo its the place to be. I think he gets away with it because he takes the **** out of himself.

I like the Jonathan Ross show, but I thinks its a bit of a stretch to call his interaction with guests 'interviews', there are no hard questions

No body wants hard questions, especially not at 11pm on a Friday night. Jonathan Ross gets his guests to open up without the need for hard questions. Those who watched the Late Late should have switched over to a far more professional show, as usual , on BBC.

I'm not disputing it is a good show, but he doesn't get them to open up, they have a set of things they have come to say and he lets them say it.

I think RTE do have a good programming lineup overall. But for the life of me, I just can't fathom why the powers that be at RTE think that the Plank & the Sleeze bag are paid that much & why RTE believe that they are actually 'brilliant' at what they do!

I think in the Planks absence last week they should have given Gerry Kelly (the UTV bloke) a shot at it. He'd have done it for much less & been ten times better.

RTE need to wake up to the fact that it takes nearly 6000 household license fees just to pay the Plank!

I think RTE do have a good programming lineup overall

Oh yeh baby ! RTE 1 tomorrow morning - , where's Dallas, ah maybe that's on RTE 2

06:10
EuroNews
Headline update.

06:50
Seoige (R)
Topical entertainment show.

07:40
The Afternoon Show (Repeat) (T)
Noel McMeel makes traditional barm brack and curly kale mash with salami, Trevor Keegan has the latest news from the showbiz world, and Shay Dempsey creates Hallowe'en hairstyles.

09:05
Judge Joe Brown
Real-life court cases.

09:25
Judge Joe Brown
Real-life court cases.

09:45
Shortland Street (T)
Hospital drama. (Followed by RTE News and Weather)

10:20
Dr Phil
Guests confront their problems. (Followed by RTE News and Weather)

11:15
Doctors (T)
Julia becomes a vigilante.

11:45
Fair City (Repeat) (T)
Mark's love life gets complicated when he finds himself dealing with three women, while Peter and Paul's meeting does not go as well as Niamh and Nicky had hoped.

Because of the number of viewer's and listener's they get for their Radio and TV shows, The amount pf people who do like them is huge for a Country this small. it is a no brainer for RTE