GSHP/Geothermal supplier recommendations

noodle

For the longest time had planned on getting wood pellet boiler - but the increasing numbers of horror stories have really put me off. Normally all the horror relates back to wood pellet supply.

Anyway I am now looking at the alternatives:
oil - expensive, dirty and unsustainable, runs too hot for UFH
gas - expensive, and unsustainable
geothermal - new!, sustainable, expensive to install.... difficult to get it installed correctly - but perfect for UFH.

I'm looking for a reputable installer - from design of the system, installation, to service.
Can anyone who has had a GSHP installed for at least 12 months recommend someone?

geothermal - new!, sustainable, expensive to install.... difficult to get it installed correctly
It may not be particularly sustainable - actual rather than theoretical COP's tend to be lower than advertised, and since the electricity supplying the geothermal is powered by fossil fuels (assuming you live in Ireland) with an efficiency of c. 35%, you would be as well off burning the fossil fuels yourself. (Unless of course you are supplying your own renewable electricity source).

My advice would be to insulate your house well, ensure good airtightness, and go for an efficient oil boiler (or gas) - you can always bolt on eco-technology in the future, but it is rather difficult to dig up your ground floor to add an extra 100mm of insulation.

I think I have as much insulation in as possible at this without bumping my head on ceiling.... or being able to touch opposite walls.

Really hate the idea of oil - it's the easy option for now but not the best with underfloor heating - heating the water and then having to cool it down to the required temperature is a bit nuts. And no matter what oil will become more expensive.

I would definitely be thinking of getting the wind turbine - no point in going geothermal without it really - as again electricity is only going to get more expensive.... unless we go nuclear!

Is there anyone out there that has experience with geothermal - preferably someone that has survived a winter.