growing tree in pot

dingdong

Hi

This maybe daft question . I live Dublin have a patio with no grass so looking to grow a tree in a pot . I saw a small tree, which is somthing like a large yukka plant or palm tree. Growing in a pot, does any one know the name or suggest a good tree of this type to grow in a patio.

Thanks

I am growing orange trees (5feet tall), olive trees (3ft), apple trees (7ft) and japaneese mapple trees (3ft) and buxus in pots. No problem.
After trials and errors, i use John Innes No.2 or No.3 soil. All trees are in terracota pots unglazed, not plastics, to provide good breathing to the soil.

The name your looking for is Cordyline which is the palm like tree you refer too we grow them in pots on our 4 acre nursery for use on patios or planting in mediteranean style beds. I would also suggest some lovely bamboo's to go on your patio make a lovely screen provide all year round interest and make a nice rustle in the wind just ensure that they have a plate underneath to hold the water as most like to be kept moist. If you want any other ideas let me know.

Rob

Back