Grout for timber flooring?

MidlandsBase

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has every heard of / used any type of filler / grout (coloured grey) with laminate flooring. I have put down some bathroom laminate flooring and had to resort to cutting out the flooring around the toilet and sink base (long story as to why I couldn't floor underneath both items - i did try).

A filler / grout would finish the flooring off nicely but wondering if people have used / heard of such a practice for laminate flooring and recommend some products?

Thanks.

I just asked my DH who has done flooring for the last few years. His recommendation was to try and move to the toilet and sink rather then try and use a filler. He reckons a filler won't work and you will hate it after a few weeks.

Hi Juppie,

The Toilet and sink are in position now. There is a few milimetres around both and it is not feasible to move both to the flooring.

Thanks.

You need to allow for movement due to shrinkage/ expansion anyway so my advice would be to use a silicone sealant; cut the nozzle so that a fine bead is produced and apply in the usual way. You can get silicone in various colours now and some are aimed specifically at finishing around laminate floors etc.

Back