Group Night out for Drinks in Dublin

Status
Not open for further replies.

LM26

Hi,

Im organising Saturday night drinks in November for about 12 ppl, mostly couples. I was wondering if anyone could recommend places in town that are either late bars or have a niteclub downstairs that you wouldnt have to pay into. All I can think of so far is Dandelion...does anyone have any other suggestions? Age group is late 20's and its for drinks only.

Thanks

The Morgan? Very expensive drinks though.

Sin E on the quays is open late and has a dj playing some decent tunes, small enough dancefloor though

must be lots of others

Dublin city hotel beside central bank, bar and disco downstairs

D2 on Harcourt Street might meet your needs. I think if you get a stamp early enough you don't have to pay for the nightclub.

The South William, but always jammered anytime I've been there, narrow with 3 floors.
Hogans, you wont get chart music there if thats the kind of crew you will be with.
The Church, beside Jervis. Cheesy/chart music downstairs in the club area.
The Baggott Inn, pull your own pints.

This new thing of pulling your own pints fascinates me. You basically pay for every drop - similar to a petrol pump! If like me, you are not a bar man, it can take the equivalent of a pint and a half to get it right. Great fun, but an expensive night I expect.

D2 on Harcourt Street might meet your needs. I think if you get a stamp early enough you don't have to pay for the nightclub.

The disadvantage being that you need to be in there before 11 and hence pay nightclub prices for drinks almost all night. Who wants to be in a nightclub at 11PM?

Thanks for all suggestions and sorry for late reply. We ended up in the Baggot Inn as suggested by jaykay. Was a very good night but got very messy (people very drunk) by about 12.30 - we stayed til 1.30 a.m. Didn't pull our own pints in the end as none of us wanted what was on draft at the table but would recommend this venue for a group night out.

Status
Not open for further replies.