Ground Floor Apartment

P

Pierre

Hi, I am looking at a ground-floor apartment in Santry with a view to buying.It is perfect but I am worried about the ground-floor aspect. What does this mean for security - potential resale value? I would like to sell the apartment in a few years.

I used to live in a first floor apartment with a balcony. The ground floor apartment also had a balcony which was at ground level (obviously). But it meant that their balcony door was almost a front door - not secure enough in my opinion. (though you didn't say whether your apartment had a balcony or not)
I used to park in front of their sitting room window which meant I could see right back into their kitchen at the back of the room and at night headlights lit up their back wall. Also people walk past at every hour of the day.

These were my experiences of ground floor apartments. But your apartment may be situated better - no footpath/parking in front, etc.

Good luck though what ever you decide.

Having lived in a variety of apartment types over the past years, my preference now would be to always go for a top-floor apartment.

Two main reasons for this (1) Security and (2) Noise.

However, it's just my preference, there may be other very good reasons to choose something different.

Back