Grosflex sheeting in bathroom

coleen

i am looking to tidy up a grubby corner shower the grout is moldy and i had some one look at it he said i could put this grosflex sheeting over the tiles and it is easy to clean. it looks like tiles but is like a plastic sheetIt looks nice in the hardware shop and looks easy to clean but i am worried about putting it on over tiles and is it going to stay stuck to tiles has anyone used this product and will it seal well i dont want a leaking shower i had one already any info welcome

I assume you are talking about pvc sheeting that is made in various designs to look like tiles ect the answer is yes it can be used to cover up old tiles just make sure and do your homework don't attempt if you don't have a basic knowledge of what you are doing the store should be able to advise failing that there are a lot of companies now doing this type of bathroom covering and it does look well when finished properly.

dec.jpg

This site has some useful info on this type of product

[broken link removed]

Good Luck ;)

if its the same product I know about, it's quite expensive - I think it's around 200 euros per metre. Chadwicks in Snadyford Dublin have a limited selection.

it is quite expensive but i am just doing inside the shower and this is costing 100 euro and i have to get it fitted thanks for web address that was very usefull

I'm in the process of buying grosfillex sheeting for a bathroom - are those prices right? I was quoted €17 for an 8 foot 6 length sheet 14 inches wide from:

Michael Glynn PVC Products
Streamstown Tynagh Loughrea Galway
(090)9745545

Perhaps that would equate to €100 for a shower

It's really easy to put up - a sharp stanley knife is all you need to cut it and no-nails glue. make sure bath/shwr tray is fully sealed before putting up the grosflex.

the sheets I was quoted for are 10 inches in width floor to celling height 8.75 per sheet I need 7 sheets and the trim It comes to aprox 100 euro

have used it in our two bathrooms, its fairly easy to put up. Its ok very easy to clean low maintaince but does not have the same quality feel as tiles.

Does anybody know how I should dispose of off-cuts of grosfillex? Do waste bring centers accept them? The galway.ie site's waste section says they only accept plastics of type pet, hdpe, pp and ps which I assume does not include PVC?

Back