grosflex and condensation

W

wagtail1

I have a very cold bathroom and live in an area of high humidity. In the winter we have condensation running down the walls even with radiator on and fan heater on the walls.

The bathroom is going to be dry lined soon and I fancy having grosflex put on the walls as I imagine its easier to clean than tiling.

Does anyone have any experience with grosflex in relation to its heat retention properties? Will it keep heat in better than tiles? Will it be warmer to touch than tiles?

all opinions gratefully received.

many thanks

Re: grosflex andcondensation

Hi,

Welcome to AAM.

It might be a handy option but I often wonder what goes on behind these sheets. Condensation that's not allowed escape will most likely do a lot of damage. Just wondering if part of your problem is lack of ventilation? Do you leave a window open regularly especially after steam from baths or showers.

We had a lot of problems with condensation years ago and have more or less come to the conclusion that leaving the window open a lot of the day is the only solution.

I have used grosflex in a shower and partially along a wall, dont know about heat retention but it is definetly warmer to the touch than tiles. It is quite easy to damage it though, hasnt been a problem in the shower but on the wall if you banged into it with anything then you can easily dent it or break it. The shiny version of it looks a bit cheap on the walls in my opinion even though that is what I have as I wanted the plainest type, kind of grey marble effect. The matt ones are nicer but limited range. In a small shower it is great cos if you touch off the walls accidentally its not freezing like tiles.

Back