Grohe - thermostat repair required

Caro

I had a thread last week about my shower not having any hot water. The problem is confined to my shower as all other water outlets are fine. A plumber has told me that my thermostat in my Grohe shower is broken and is blocking the release of any hot water.

I need to get a plumber who can get Grohe parts and fix my thermostat. Can anyone recommend a company/person? Thanks in advance.

If you still haven't solved the problem: my Grohe thermostatic shower tap has at each inlet (hot and cold) a small filter. These are designed to block any debris entering the tap from demaging the ceramic disks. These filters -small meshs- can get blocked with debris, limescale etc.. So you dismantel the shower tap and take them out, clean them under running water with a nailbrush and put them back in.
The other problem could be that somehow the fixed setting of the thermostat is out of control, read the manual to find out how to reset it. If you haven't got the manual anymore ask at Grohe for a new one.

Thanks so much (and sorry for not replying sooner). Believe it or not I still haven't fixed the problem so I'm going to try as you suggest tonight when I get home. I don't know how to dismantle the shower tap so if you've any tips please let me know but hopefully it will be straightforward enough when I investigate. Thank you!!

I suggest you call PHD distributors in Naas, they are the suppliers for Grohe. I can't find their number but I know that their office is in the M7 business park just off the M7 at the exit for South Naas. I think you can see there sign from the road, next to btw I think. If you can't find them PM me and i'll send you a phone number for my friend who is a rep for them around Munster

Last edited: