Gresham Memphis Amsterdam

Westie123

Hello,

I am thinking of going to Amsterdam for a weekend, and was looking at the Gresham Memphis hotel. It has good reviews at Tripadvisor so I was wondering if anyone has stayed there recently and if so would you have any comments about this hotel? I would be grateful for suggestions for any other reasonably priced hotels in Amsterdam for a weekend trip.

Thanks in advance.

I always stay at the Memphis when in Amsterdam (4 times per month)
and like it a lot.

The hotel is kind of old style with decent rooms and a nice bar at ground level overlooking the street.The hotel has a nice cosy feel to it.

The location is a little off centre but still a short taxi ride to anywhere.

I stayed there a few years ago when it was owned by Ryan Hotels. A nice pleasant walk in to the centre of Amsterdam of about 20 minutes. Located in a residential area. We had issues about being overcharged in the bar (different prices on the drinks menu to that being actually charged) and not being given receipts. The barman totting up our drinks purchased in his head and "announcing" a price to us. I am sure that that has all changed now., due to our complaints. If I was going back I think I would choose a hotel overlooking the canals and more central. However it is on the airport bus route which is very convenient.