Greens - cant help themselves??

I'm not a Green voter but I find both Eamonn Ryan and John Gormley to be very capable. It's fashionable to talk about hating them - just to get all conspiratorial, I think FF might be driving the anti-Green agenda in the media.

Their efforts to eliminate corporate donations is one of the best objectives any political party has had in years. Hopefully they achieve it... but I won't hold my breath on this govt lasting the course...

The general reason for the dislike of the Green Party is that people might have to change their behaviour because of their policies.

It's people who are resistant to change that are out-of-touch not the party.

In government they are dictatorial, smug and have fully supported the worst socially decisive and most economically damaging policies whilst being incredibly hypocritical, Perhaps you did not hear Mr Gormley's "Planet Bertie" speech?.
The damage they have caused to their own party as witnessed by many of their own membership leaving speaks for itself

Noit only are they out of touch with many of their (and former) membership, they are totally out of touch with reality.