Green rate, error on BER cert eircode

Adelie

About to apply to AIB to switch to a green rate mortgage and noticed the BER cert eircode is wrong (address is correct). Is it likely they’ll reject it? We will try to get it corrected but we want to apply asap given the likely rate increases.

About to apply to AIB to switch to a green rate mortgage and noticed the BER cert eircode is wrong (address is correct). Is it likely they’ll reject it? We will try to get it corrected but we want to apply asap given the likely rate increases.
Was it you who employed the BER accessor to carry out the assessment? If so, I'd be giving them a call to rectify it. Otherwise I don't know what you're supposed to do.

I would submit it regardless, but do not do anything to draw attention to this typo. Have the correction working in the background In case it becomes a problem.

It might take them a few weeks to get to that piece of documentation if they even pick up the typo.

@Adelie This exact thing happened to me. AIB spotted the mismatch and required it to be corrected.

I contacted the BER assessor (whom I had employed a few months before) and he fixed it within a few days.

If the BER assessment was done before your time, get the name of the BER assessor from the BER cert (or from the associated full report), contact them and try to get them to correct it. At the same time, contact the SEAI and ask them for advice.

I would submit it regardless, but do not do anything to draw attention to this typo. Have the correction working in the background In case it becomes a problem.
I agree with this approach.

Last edited:
Update: according to the app our rate has been updated. Can’t believe our luck given the increase announced. House is a new build in a still under construction estate and the foreman says he’ll get a new cert for us.

Update: according to the app our rate has been updated. Can’t believe our luck given the increase announced. House is a new build in a still under construction estate and the foreman says he’ll get a new cert for us.
I am also facing Eircode issue in BER cert while applying, I tried to contact the support here: https://eircodefinder.com to update Eircode as well but they are not replying.

Last edited:
Back