Green Card

A11

I applied for the green card lottery around 2006/2007. Last year I got notification that I have been selected and was contacted by the Kentucky Consular to fill in required paperwork and send back. I got married mid 2007 and included my wife on the return paperwork, she is now down as a beneficiary.

An appointment has been made in the US Embassy in dublin for april of this year and I will have to bring in all relevant paperwork such as marriage certificate or divorce certificate. The problem I have is, my wife and I are currenlty in the process of separation.

I contacted the US Embassy in dublin about this as did not want to be paying out nearly €1,000 between processing fees etc and to be told on the day that I cannot qualify due to separation. I got absolutely NO HELP from their office and was only told that I wont know until I pay the fees and apply, they wont even tell me if they came across a similar situation before.

Does anyone know, (before I pay out all this money), can I proceed and hope to qualify for the green card, or am I just throwing away money.

Regards

Mike

Back