Great Pub Grub in Dublin?

So Browns Barn is a pub? I've never actually been in the place, seems like a strange location for a pub.

Just to add my own experiences:

• MacTurcaills (Townsend St.-great carvery)
  • Life Bar (Abbey St.-best wings in town? good burgers etc.-not a great pub, but I liked it)
  • Robert Reades (Store Street area-nice pizza and decent menu)
  • La Monde (adjacent to Robert Reades and Il Vignardo-best portion of cocktail sausages and wedges ever)
  • Oslo (Connolly Station-again, not a great pub, but great food-friendly chef)
  • Russells (Ranelaigh-my colleagues constantly sing the praises of the steak sandwich)
  • Crowes (Ballsbridge)-used to have a Chinese buffet at lunchtimes.
  • Paddy Cullens (Ballsbridge)-pretty good from what I can recall.
I would have recently recommended the newly open Issacs on Store Street until they revamped their menu for no apparent reason.

Love John M Keatings as a pub, only had a platter there, and it was good.

Would recommend Scholars pub in Firhouse. Nice menu, decent portions, reasonable prices and friendly staff! What more could you ask for ?

I've ODed on pub carverys years ago so I'm biased against that type of pub food. Off the top of my head:
Market bar - unpleasant environment pub but great good value food. Favourites are the duck confit with lentils or the mackeral - 6 quid each.
The Purty Kitchen near the West Pier of Dun Laoghaire. The burger and the seafood spagetti dish are excellent.
Searsons, Baggot St. Bit pricey but consistently good.

Porterhouse branches do good burgers for reasonable price and their beer is great (wrasslers xxxx best stout in the country). Agree that Market Bar has excellent food, not so keen on the place itself though.

Can't wait to try out some of the places on here. I also recommend Market Bar, especially as you can get small and large portions of their food - so you can share if you want, tapas-style.

Definitely the Porterhouse North in Glasnevin. Delicious pizzas and salads and a huge selection of world beers. Worth a try...

I know it says Dublin, and I have to say that I think Browns Barn is just terrible, and that includes the restaurant upstairs.

The Waterside Bar in Clondalkin does nice Carvery food, though it can be quite hit and miss sometimes, depending on the Chef and the Bar food in the evening is quite good too.

If anyone is out Kildare way, the Ballymore Inn in Ballymore Eustace is excellent.