Great ferry price Rosslare/Cherbourg return, in August, car & caravan, €574

Betsy Og

Couldnt believe it, couldnt get to the UK for that in previous years. With Celtic Link Ferries - I gather they are a bit freight oriented but new clean boat etc. etc. so I think it'll be grand.

That includes a 4 berth cabin out & back.

I gather August not as popular as July as accomodation price higher since French & more English on holiday (not much of an issue when bringing a caravan), and maybe crowds. We went in June before and it was tumbleweed, so will give the crowds a go!

Couldnt believe it, couldnt get to the UK for that in previous years. With Celtic Link Ferries -

Unreal,just got a quote for €498 for 4 persons and car for two week trip in August. Shame we can't go. Used to pay about €1,000 with Irish Ferries for similar trip, caravan and motorhome (not at same time). Haah!

Prices have come right down on the ferries...paid over1200 back in 2005 for similar trip for 4 in june

We got a further 10% off the €574 due to the caravan club we're with (ICCC.ie), so pretty much pays the years membership.

I recall reading before that the Tesco vouchers deal is sometimes not all it seems - do a search (if its not on here then maybe Boards.ie) - I'd post a link if was able! I think the jist of it was you could only use them against a premium fare so you ended up paying more or less the same as the online fare anyone could pay. However at €10 club card gives €40 travel vouchers it also looks a great deal.

We got a further 10% off the €574 due to the caravan club we're with (ICCC.ie), so pretty much pays the years membership.

I recall reading before that the Tesco vouchers deal is sometimes not all it seems - do a search (if its not on here then maybe Boards.ie) - I'd post a link if was able! I think the jist of it was you could only use them against a premium fare so you ended up paying more or less the same as the online fare anyone could pay. However at €10 club card gives €40 travel vouchers it also looks a great deal.

Yes, you should carefully check the prices before assuming that your Tesco clubcard vouchers will save you money.

If you use Tesco vouchers, you can only avail of the standard fare, not the discounted online fare. The standard fare is quite a bit more expensive so unless you have €100s of vouchers, you will not save much.

I would suggest ringing Irish Ferries and getting a quote for the standard fare before deciding to go ahead.

Yes, you should carefully check the prices before assuming that your Tesco clubcard vouchers will save you money.

If you use Tesco vouchers, you can only avail of the standard fare, not the discounted online fare. The standard fare is quite a bit more expensive so unless you have €100s of vouchers, you will not save much.

I would suggest ringing Irish Ferries and getting a quote for the standard fare before deciding to go ahead.

There is a separate area on the irish Ferries website for pricing if you're going to use Tesco clubcard tokens. The price is about 10-15% higher but still worth it.

Back