Great Documentary for anyone with sky anytime

Ron Burgundy

was browsing through sky anything yesterday evening and came accross a great Documentary on the whole sub prime lending ficaso in the states.

Its done by CNBC is called House Of Cards.

Really goes back to the beginning on how it all started and what caused the eh.....house of cards to fall.

One of the best Documentaries i've seen in a long long time. They even get Alan Greenspans thoughts on the whole thing and the piece he played in it.

Watched this last night - very enlightening.

The whole rolling interest repayment whereby you only paid part of the itnerest you owe and the rest is added to the outstanding mortgage for you to refinance 1-2 years later is unbelievable.

I understand developers got it here but wonder why it was never offered to homeowners here. at least we weren't that bad.

And "stated income" ?? No don't give us any proof of earnings just tell us what you earn and thats enough?

Watched this last night - very enlightening.

The whole rolling interest repayment whereby you only paid part of the itnerest you owe and the rest is added to the outstanding mortgage for you to refinance 1-2 years later is unbelievable.

I understand developers got it here but wonder why it was never offered to homeowners here. at least we weren't that bad.

And "stated income" ?? No don't give us any proof of earnings just tell us what you earn and thats enough?[/quote]

Certain mortgage companies here do that also, one of which closed last week. It was a part Irish life/ptsb and there is also Start as well.

Yes, if you have a sky+ box, you can get sky anytime. Press the TV guide button and there should be a red button at the bottom of the screen directing you to Anytime.

If it's not there, you may have to activate it using the Services button (sorry am not at TV so can't direct you any closer than that!).

Back