Great British Menu BBC 2 6:00 pm Daily

mathepac

This has to rate as the most stupid phone-in programme ever, IMHO.

Don't get me wrong, its great watching the chefs cooking and listening to the three judges critiques, but at the end of each show, the BBC invites viewers to phone in with their favourite bit of grub from the show in order to select the chefs and dishes to be served to British troops returning from their latest invasion of Afghanistan.

How can you vote for a dish you haven't seen in the flesh, haven't tasted, smelled or eaten?

Do BBC viewers in Great Britainland have smell-a-vision or taste-a-vision? Have Sky a secret package they keep from their Irish customers? Any thoughts? Should I watch this on my microwave or fan-oven instead of the telly?

[Note to Bubbly Scot - Scotchland chef can't spell whiskey; I'm keeping score]

Have Sky a secret package they keep from their Irish customers? Any thoughts?

Wouldnt surprise me. There for a while whenever I rang Sky they refused to talk to me because I 'wouldn't' give them my post code.

That was obviously "Syke" ye wur talkin' tae, then hen, eh? [see scottish legal thread re dykes (drainage ditches) sewage and walls]

Did the Scotchland chef spell it without the 'e'? Cos that's how they spell it in that part of the world.

Back