Gravestone Writing : best wearing colour writing on a black marble gravestone.

eeks2006

Unfortunately recently a close family member has passed away and I find myself in the position of having to organise the grave stone.

My question is not regarding the stone itself as thats pretty straight forward to pick out, its the writing. It might seem like a small issue and probably is but the more you think about it the more your head spins.

We have been set with just plain white writing, as we were told it will last longer and wont require a touch up for a good while, and on looking around for the most reasonable price we have been told that this is not true, in fact silver is better, then somebody else told us no gold is better wearing for a flat lying gravestone.

Can anybody advise me as to what the best wearing colour writing is on a black marble gravestone.

Many thanks in advance.
Regards, Conor.

Re: Gravestone Writing.

I would suggest going down to the graveyard and having a look- maybe ask the person who is doing your headstone to suggest a few to look at?

I would also recommend vetting the spelling etc. before they go ahead. I have seen a number of them over the years with incorrect spelling.

Wonder would you get any advice over on www.rip.ie

Be careful with gold, we used this on a marble grave and were very disappointed, after a few months it was barely legible. Have since changed it to silver, which is much clearer.

Re: Gravestone Writing :

thanks folks for the help and taking the time to reply, did some more research and took a good look round to see what other people had, the silver writing does seem to be the best option, both from having a look around at examples and seems to be what alot of people are also saying.

Thanks again, Regards, Conor.

Back